If you are not good at approaching people face-to-face, know that you are not alone. You have company in the vast majority of people. There is a way out though. Talking to people one-on-one is a skill that can be learned. The following tips do come in very handy to help out:
1. Regularly read self-improvement books about developing such skills.
2. Start by talking to friends and family members.
3. Encourage them to point out your faults if any.
4. Talk to yourself in your bathroom mirror.
5. Learn how to psyche up yourself.
6. Write notes first and study them thoroughly on any subject you want to talk about.
7. Learn to speak with confidence.
8. Be very knowledgeable about any subject matter you want to talk about.
9. Learn to look people in the eyes when talking to them.
10. Be conscious always of the value of time to your prospects.
11. Address any and everyone with respect.
12. Focus more on learning the art of approaching and you can approach anyone accordingly.
13. Let your self-confidence shine through always with positive enthusiasm when talking to people.
14. Always bear in mind that anyone can be approached. It is your attitude which determines the outcome.
15. Choose carefully places and locations where you can talk to people.
16. Be confident at handling rejections because they are inevitable.
Picture taken from washingtonpost.com